Bill over at the PSU VoIP blog has some more goodness for us:
If you’ve moved ahead to Asterisk 1.8 in production or are testing it out, use FreePBX as your configuration GUI, and want to add Google Voice such that inbound and outbound routing can easily be configured from FreePBX, here’s a small how-to. Unless and until a GTalk FreePBX module comes along, there’s some command-line work to do, but only for initial configuration.
Read the full article here:
Adding Google Voice to FreePBX
I’ll also note that if you have multiple Google Voice accounts, it is possible to use those as separate trunks. For PBX in a Flash users (that are running Asterisk 1.8) the technique is covered in this thread. I’m sure the basic technique shown there (creating almost duplicate contexts, etc. for each additional account) would work for those following Bill’s instructions as well.
- Get Google Voice alerts on Windows 7 with GVNotifier (downloadsquad.com)
- Asterisk 1.8 Released With Support For Google Voice (news.slashdot.org)
- Google Voice Walk Through. (innovationslab.wordpress.com)
- Mario Limonciello: Asterisk 1.8 and native Google Voice support (supermario-world.blogspot.com)
- Asterisk 1.8 Released with Support for Google Voice, Calendaring, and More (ostatic.com)